REVEALED: Top speeding hotspots in Leyland
ALMOST than 2,000 speedy drivers have been caught out on the roads of Chorley in just the last 12 months.
A Freedom of Information request to Lancashire Constabulary revealed that 70,291 tickets were issued to drivers over the limit caught with both mobile and built-in speed cameras across the county.
Drivers across Leyland were snapped 1,906 times in the last year for being over the speed limit - with the most notorious spot in town making up 30 per cent of those tickets.
Here are more of the top speeding locations across Leyland:
5. B5251 Moor Road, near Eaves Green Rd (30mph) - 56 people were caught by the built-in camera
4. B6229 Harpers Lane, near Erskine Road (30mph) - 203 were caught by a built-in camera
3. A581 Park Road (30mph) - 361 drivers were caught by a mobile camera
2. A6 Shepherds Way, near Chapel Street (30mph) - 574 were caught by the built-in camera
1. The most notorious speeding hotspot in Chorley, which caught 624 drivers since last July, is the A6 Bengal Street, near the Gas Building.
Here are more of the top speeding hotspots across the county:
What do you think to these hotspots? Let us know by commenting on our Facebook page.