Firefighters called to kitchen blaze

A householder received treatment for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Lancaster.

By The Newsroom
Friday, 17th February 2017, 6:49 am
Updated Wednesday, 1st March 2017, 8:52 am

A householder received treatment for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Lancaster.

Two fire engines from Lancaster attended a kitchen fire on Granville Road at around 10pm.

When firefighters arrived at the scene, the fire was already out. A ventilation unit was used to clear smoke from the property.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

One person received treatment from paramedics for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters also noted that the household had a smoke alarm but it did not activate when the fire broke out.