Burnt food sparks emergency at student accommodation in Preston

Student accommodation in Preston was flooded with smoke after food was left cooking in a pan, say firefighters.

Thursday, 30th November 2017, 12:54 pm
Updated Tuesday, 12th December 2017, 3:30 am
Crews cleared the student apartment after it became smoke logged

Crews were called out to Victoria Street at just after 11am.

Firefighters arrived to find smoke had flooded the flat.

Fearnley Jones for the fire service said: "We went to a flat fire in student apartments.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

"Smoke filled the flat after food was left in a pan.

"We used fans to clear the apartment.

"We would like to remind people to never leave cooking unattended."