Toaster fire at Preston flat

Fire crews from Preston were in attendance
Fire crews from Preston were in attendance
Share this article

A toaster sparked a kitchen fire in a Preston flat.

Two fire crews were called to a property on St Paul's Road in the city shortly after 6.15pm on Sunday, January 7.

A piece of kitchen equipment had been left on top of the toaster and was set alight, the fire service said.

Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used one hose reel and a ventilation unit to extinguish the fire and clear the smoke.