Status Quo and Blake to headline Symphony at the Tower
One of Britain’s best-loved rock bands are set to headline the first night of next year’s Symphony at the Tower in aid of St Catherine’s Hospice.
Status Quo will be ‘rockin’ all over’ the beautiful surroundings of Hoghton Tower for one night only on Friday July 3.
The Quo, who’ve sold more than 118 million records worldwide including classics like ‘Rockin’ All Over The World’ and ‘Whatever you Want’, will follow in the footsteps of James Blunt this year and The Human League in 2013 by headlining the first of the two-night music event.
The legendary rockers, made up of co-founders Francis Rossi and Rick Parfitt along with Andrew Bown, John ‘Rhino’ Edwards and Leon Cave, have recorded 64 British hit singles - more than any other group - and promise a night of classic rock pop anthems which are guaranteed to have the crowd singing and dancing along.
The following night, on Saturday July 4, BRIT Award-winning classical vocal group Blake will take to the stage.
The fabulous three-piece, who will be accompanied by The Heart of England Philharmonic Orchestra, sold more than 100,000 copies of their debut album and won a classical BRIT Award in 2008.
They have performed for Shirley Bassey at her 70th birthday party, in front of thousands of football fans at Wembley Stadium, and been on tour with last year’s Saturday night Symphony star Katherine Jenkins.
Now they will be wowing the crowds at next year’s Symphony at the Tower - an extra special event for St Catherine’s Hospice which celebrates its 30th anniversary in 2015.
The Symphony shows, organised and presented in association with events company Cuffe and Taylor, mark the finale of a month of special events set up to celebrate three decades of the much-loved local charity.
Blake - made up of Oliver Baines, Humphrey Berney and Stephen Bowman - said they were looking forward to Symphony 2015.
“We are pleased to be performing at Hoghton Tower, Lancashire as part of St Catherine’s Hospice 30th Anniversary celebrations,” they said.
“It truly is a beautiful setting and we cannot wait to perform a selection of classic tracks whilst the audience sip champagne and enjoy their picnics. The concert will end with a spectacular ‘Proms’ finale with fireworks, so we expect to see everyone waving their flags and enjoying a very British occasion.”
Lorraine Charlesworth, Director of Income Generation at St Catherine’s Hospice, said they were thrilled to be welcoming such high profile artists to the 20th Symphony at the Tower.
“We know it is going to be a weekend of incredible music and fantastic performances,” she said.
“The atmosphere at the Symphony is always wonderful, and we know this year it will be extra special as we celebrate the 30th birthday of the hospice in style. We’re encouraging people to get their tickets now to ensure they don’t miss out on what’s going to be an unforgettable weekend.”
Peter Taylor, Director of Cuffe and Taylor, said: “ We are delighted to be working with St Catherine’s once again.
“The last two years of the partnership have gone from strength to strength and we really enjoy working as a team to raise the profile of the hospice and much-needed funds through a programme of live music.
“Also, with 2015 being the hospice’s 30th anniversary we are thrilled to be part of this momentous milestone and I am sure that Symphony at the Tower will be a fitting occasion to celebrate this achievement.”
Picnics are welcome at the Saturday night show, but food and drink cannot be brought into the arena on the Friday. Weekend tickets and VIP packages are also available and 16s and under are free for the Saturday show.
Tickets go on sale at 9am on Friday via www.stcatherines.co.uk and other major ticket outlets. Tickets will also be available from the hospice in Lostock Lane, Lostock Hall and on 01772 629171.