Smoke alarm does its job

.
.
0
Have your say

A smoke alarm fitted during a fire prevention visit did its job after a blaze in a dishwasher.

Two crews attended the incident in Brackenbury Road, Preston.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze with a hosereel jet.

The occupant of the house managed to get out of the house unharmed.

A fire brigade spokesman said: “A smoke alarm fitted on a fire prevention visit by Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service personnel alerted the occupant, who got outside without injury.”