Among the many remembrance events taking place in the county, Preston is staging two spectacular concerts. Here is what you need to know about them;
1. The first event is on Friday, November 9 at the Guild Hall in Preston, starting at 7.45pm.
2. It is intended to mirror a national event which is being held at the Royal Albert Hall and will include veterans, servicemen and women, cadets, emergency services and a stirring selection of military music.
3. It will climax with a shower of poppy petals falling from the roof.
4. The second event is on Saturday, November 10, also at the Guild Hall and starting at 7pm.
5. It will feature a 400-strong choir made up of children from around the county. The East Lancashire Concert Band - successor to the band that played the famous Accrington Pals as they marched off to war - will also play.
6. Tickets to both events are free, bit can be ordered in advance from Preston Guild Hall