A chinese restaurant has had its licence revoked following concerns from the police and the fire service.
Ming Dynasty in West Strand Park, Strand Road, Preston was the subject of a licensing review hearing at Preston Council.
As previously reported by the Evening Post the restaurant has closed down, weeks after licensing bosses found unauthorised living quarters in the loft space.
Documents put before the Preston Council’s licensing sub committee explained that in October licensing officers discovered beds and a bath in the loft of the property and three karaoke rooms downstairs that were not shown on the original plans.
The fire service raised “major concerns” over the living space in the loft.
Other concerns raised related to no CCTV at the site, crime and disorder objectives not being met, concerns about poor management and the site being open beyond its hours.
Bosses from Ming Dynasty did not attend the hearing.
Sgt John Lovick said: “We are very satisfied with the revocation of the premise licence.
“Ming Dynasty has been a problematic premises, not only for the police, but also for other responsible authorities.
“We will continue to work with our partners to ensure that all licenced premises comply with their relevant conditions and promote public safety along with other licensing objectives”
Coun Phil Crowe, chairman of the committee, said: “Nobody turned up to support Ming Dynasty, we had the police objections which we went through, we had the objections from environmental health and the objections from the fire brigade. So based on that plus the fact the owners of the building have shut the building down and changed the locks and we couldn’t get hold of the proprietors of Ming Dynasty we had no choice but to revoke it.”
The restaurant closed after landlord’s Emmerson Property Management seized the site.
A closure notice was issued by the police in October and the property was seized by DBS Debt Recovery on behalf of Emmerson Property Management on November 28.