Person taken to hospital after firefighters rush to kitchen blaze in Chorley

A person suffering from smoke inhalation was taken to hospital following a kitchen fire in Chorley.

Tuesday, 4th August 2020, 12:39 pm
Updated Tuesday, 4th August 2020, 12:40 pm

Fire crews were called to reports of a blaze at a house on Eaves Lane at around 8.05pm yesterday (August 3).

When firefighters arrived, they discovered the blaze involved the kitchen of the property, but that it had already been extinguished prior to their arrival.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus subsequently entered the property and used a ventilation unit to clear the house of smoke and to ensure the scene was safe.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

One person who was believed to have been suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation was taken to hospital.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Two fire crews from Chorley were called to reports of a fire at a house on Eaves Lane, Chorley.

"The fire involved the kitchen of the property however was out on arrival of firefighters.

"There was one casualty at the incident believed to have been suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation. They attended hospital for a precautionary check. "

Fire crews were called to reports ofa blaze at a property on Eaves Lane.

Firefighters were at the scene for approximately two hours.

Read More

Read More
Preston nightclub issues statement after 'fake' footage emerges of partygoers ga...