Three people have been treated for the effects of smoke inhalation after a fire in a bedroom this afternoon.
Firefighters from Chorley and Leyland were called to a house in Salt Pit Lane, Mawdesley just before 5pm this evening.
A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Two fire engines from Chorley and Leyland attended a bedroom fire in a house on Salt Pit Lane in Mawdesley.
"Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used one hose reel jet and a ventilation unit to extinguish the fire and clear the smoke.
"Three casualties were treated for smoke inhalation."