Organised crime gang jailed for bringing drugs to Morecambe streets
Seven people involved in the supply of drugs between Morecambe and Liverpool have been jailed at Preston Crown Court.
Operation Tribute was a major investigation by Lancashire Police into the supply of heroin and crack cocaine from Liverpool to Morecambe between February and December 2014.
The drugs were distributed by an organised crime group known as Scouse Ste, led by Mark Symeou.
The 29-year-old would take orders from drug users in Morecambe by mobile phone, before directing them where to go to buy heroin and crack cocaine. He would then contact his street dealers to complete the transaction.
Symeou, based in Liverpool, would re-supply the street dealers through Paul Fadeyibi, from Heysham. In return, Fadeyibi would collect money from the dealers before passing the cash on to Symeou.
Members of the criminal gang, including Symeou’s street dealers, were convicted at earlier hearings of conspiracy to supply heroin and conspiracy to supply crack cocaine.
Symeou, 29, of Wapshare Road, Norris Green, Liverpool; Fadeyibi, 43, of Bowland Road, Heysham; Chantelle Kane, 26, of Westminster Road, Morecambe; Gareth Rees, 39, of Alexandra Road, Morecambe; Katrina Knight, 43, of no fixed address; Brian McGowan, 37, of Thurland Court, Morecambe and Christopher Robinson, 49, of Balmoral Road, Morecambe, were all sentenced at Preston Crown Court today.
A Proceeds of Crime Act (POCA) hearing to confirm the amount of money Symeou benefitted from will take place at a later date.
Det Insp Beverley Foster, of Lancashire Police, said: “This has been a prolonged investigation and has resulted in the sentencing of key members of this criminal gang who have distributed class A controlled drugs to the streets and communities of Morecambe.
“The disruption and damage these types of drugs can cause to the community is devastating and the result today shows the severity taken by the criminal justice system.”
· Paul Fadeyibi, 43, of Bowland Road, Heysham – four years in prison.
· Chantelle Kane, 26, of Westminster Road, Morecambe – two years and four months in prison.
· Gareth Rees, 39, of Alexandra Road, Morecambe – three years and one month in prison.
· Katrina Knight, 43, of no fixed address – two years and 11 months in prison.
· Brian McGowan, 37, of Thurland Court, Morecambe – two years and eight months in prison.
· Christopher Robinson, 49, of Balmoral Road, Morecambe – four years and four months in prison.
· Mark Symeou, 29, of Wapshare Road, Norris Green, Liverpool – 10 years in prison.