WeightWatchers shellfish dish with a taste of eastern promise
Prawns mixed with Asian flavours including soy, chilli and lime.
This shellfish dish has a taste for adventure
These prawns come with a taste of eastern promise, as the succulent shellfish are mixed with Asian flavours including soy, chilli and lime.
Prep 5 minutes | Cook 15 minutes
250g large cooked and peeled prawns
2tbsp sweet chilli sauce
Quarter of a cucumber
300g ready-cooked fine rice noodles
Little gem lettuce
2tsp sesame oil
2tsp soy sauce
2tsp sesame seeds
1. Put the cooked and peeled prawns in a small mixing bowl and add the two tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce. Grate in the zest from a lime; then squeeze in the juice from half the lime.
2. Chop the cucumber finely and add to the bowl; toss to coat the prawns and cucumber in the dressing.
3. Put the ready-cooked fine rice noodles into a heatproof bowl and pour over enough boiling water from the kettle to cover them. Leave for two minutes.
4. Meanwhile, break one Little Gem lettuce into separate leaves, wash well and drain in the colander; then arrange on two plates.
5. Drain the noodles thoroughly in the colander. Return them to the bowl they were in and add the sesame oil, soy sauce and remaining lime juice, tossing them gently to coat them in the dressing.
6. Pile the noodles on the lettuce leaves. Spoon the prawn mixture on to the noodles. Season with a little black pepper and scatter a handful of fresh mint on top.
7. Finally, toast two teaspoons of sesame seeds in a dry frying pan for one to two minutes and sprinkle them over the salads.
SMARTPOINTS: Green 10 | Blue 9 | Purple 9