One person treated by paramedics after toaster bursts into flames in Kirkham
A toaster was found ablaze after emergency services rushed to a house in Kirkham.
Two fire engines from Wesham and South Shore were called to a house in Ancenis Court following reports of a blaze shortly before 10.55am today (October 5).
Firefighters discovered a toaster was engulfed in flames when they arrived, which they extinguished using one hose reel and two breathing apparatus.
One person was assessed and treated by paramedics at the scene following the incident.
Fire crews were in attendance for approximately 40 minutes.
How to prevent a toaster fire:
- Always avoid leaving toasters unattended when in use.
- Switch off and unplug toasters and kettles when not in use.
- If your toaster is on a kitchen worktop that has cupboards above it, if possible, pull the toaster forward before using so that it's clear of the underside of the cupboards above.
- Close internal doors before leaving your home or going to bed. A closed door can be highly effective in limiting the spread of flames and smoke.
- For minimum protection at least one alarm should be fitted on each level of your house. Once a week check the alarm by pressing the test button.
For more important tips on how to prevent a house fire, check out the Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service website by clicking HERE.