Firefighters used four breathing apparatus, one hose reel, and a positive pressure ventilation unit to extinguish the flames.
One person was rescued from the flat before receiving medical treatment.
Crews were in attendance for approximately one hour.
What to do if a fire breaks out in your home:
- Get out. Stay out. Call 999.
- Leave the building immediately and do not re-enter.
- Do not attempt to tackle the fire yourself.
- Close the kitchen door on your way out to help prevent the fire or smoke spreading.
- Never throw water on an oil fire.
- Shout for help to alert others.
If you can’t leave the building:
- Stay low where the cleaner air is.
- Try to block the bottom of the door with a blanket or other items to prevent smoke escaping.
- Move to the window to let firefighters know your location.