Neighbour raises alarm as fire breaks out in house

A call from a neighbour who could smell smoke led to firefighters discovering a blaze in a house.

Friday, 20th May 2016, 9:13 pm
Updated Friday, 20th May 2016, 11:16 pm
Fishwick View, Preston. Pic: Google Street View

Crews from Preston found the fire when they were called to Fishwick View, Preston, at 7.35pm today.

The house was being renovated so they forced their way inside and tackled a fire in the hallway.

The property was heavily smoke-logged and the smoke had also gone into neighbouring houses.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used a hose reel to put out the fire and a ventilation unit to clear the smoke.

The flooring was damaged but the flames did not spread further.

A faulty electric extension lead is thought to have caused the fire.