Neighbour hurt in kitchen fire

A man has been treated in hospital for smoke inhalation after trying to tackle a neighbour's kitchen fire.

Thursday, 10th March 2016, 7:19 am
Updated Thursday, 10th March 2016, 8:26 am
Farringdon Close, Preston. Image courtesy of Google

The chip pan fire started at around 9.10pm on Wednesday at a property in Farringdon Close, Preston.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

The occupant left the building to get help, but when the neighbour arrived, he was overcome with smoke.

Fire crews were then called and extinguished the flames, which had caused extensive damage to the rest of the kitchen.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: “The advice is to get outside and stay outside in these cases. Leave the firefighting to us.”