Man taken to hospital following chip pan fire

Latest news from
Latest news from
Share this article
Have your say

A MAN was taken to hospital after burning himself when dealing with a chip pan fire.

Firefighters from Preston fire station were called to Moorland Flats in Garstang Road at around 8.45pm on Friday.

Watch manager Caroline Sturgess said the man had attempted to put out the chip pan fire using a tea towel and when he moved the pan he was burnt.

Watch manager Sturgess is urging people not to use the tea towel method. If a pan fire breaks out the advice is to leave the room, close the door and call the fire service.

No further details have been released.