Man taken to hospital after flat fire

A man was taken to hospital suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke after a blaze in a flat in Leyland.

Wednesday, 23rd March 2016, 7:40 am
Updated Wednesday, 23rd March 2016, 8:42 am

Three fire crews from Leyland, Bamber Bridge and Chorley raced to the property in Fox Lane at about 9.40pm on Tuesday after it was thought the occupant might still be inside.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

When they got there the man had already made his way out of the flat. He was transported to hospital for a precautionary check-up.

A fire brigade spokesman said the cause of the blaze was food left on a cooker. The premises were filled with smoke, but there was no fire for the crews to extinguish.