Man rescued from burning flat

Firefighters have smashed their way into a flat and rescued a man from a kitchen blaze.

Saturday, 2nd April 2016, 8:28 am
Updated Saturday, 2nd April 2016, 9:31 am
The Martindales, Clayton-le-Woods

Crews were called to The Martindales in Clayton-le-Woods at 10.30pm on Friday after a worried neighbour called for help.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

After getting no response from the man inside, a door ram was used, and two officers wearing breathing apparatus entered the property.

The man was helped out and although suffering from smoke inhalation, declined treatment.

The fire, caused by grill pan fat igniting, was quickly extinguished.