Man hurt in fire in Penwortham

Liverpool Road Penwortham. Picture: Google
Liverpool Road Penwortham. Picture: Google
0
Have your say

A man has suffered burns after a fire in a Penwortham garage.

Fire crews were called to the detached domestic garage in Liverpool Road just after 10.30am on Monday, after a blaze broke out.

Firefighters said the man had been working on a VW Golf, which set on fire and in turn set the garage on fire.

Two fire engines, from Penwortham and Bamber Bridge, went to the scene and firefighters used two breathing apparatus sets and a hose reel to extinguish the blaze.

A spokesman said when the fire started, because petrol was involved, it “flashed” and the man suffered burns to his hands.

He was treated by paramedics and taken to hospital.

The fire is not being treated as suspicious.