A man needed treatment for burns after a gas explosion at his home in Preston.
The casualty and his next-door neighbour had to be evacuated after the blast tore through the lounge of a terraced house in Robin Street, Ribbleton.
Gas engineers were called to the property to cut off the supply after the explosion in a fire and back boiler blew upwards, damaging a chimney stack.
“It was a shared chimney and there was debris on both roofs,” said a spokesperson for Community Gateway Housing which owns the next-door property.
“We offered to put our tenant in a hotel as a precaution until the work was finished, but they chose to stay with relatives instead.”
A National Grid spokesperson added: “The tenant of one house had some minor burns as a result of the explosion.”
An investigation is continuing into the cause of the blast.