Firefighters called to kitchen blaze

editorial image
Have your say

A householder received treatment for smoke inhalation after a house fire in Lancaster.

Two fire engines from Lancaster attended a kitchen fire on Granville Road at around 10pm.

When firefighters arrived at the scene, the fire was already out. A ventilation unit was used to clear smoke from the property.

One person received treatment from paramedics for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters also noted that the household had a smoke alarm but it did not activate when the fire broke out.