Kitchen catches fire at Preston house due to a pan on a hob

A fire broke out at a Preston house due to a pan left on a hob.

By James Graves
Sunday, 28th June 2020, 9:37 am
Updated Sunday, 28th June 2020, 9:38 am

The incident happened at a property on Balcarres Road on Friday at 11pm.

Preston Fire Station sent to crews to the house following reports of a fire.

When the firefighters arrived they found a fire in the kitchen which involved a pan on the hob.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

Preston Fire Station sent two crews to the incident on Balcarres Road.

A spokesman for Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: "The crews extinguished the fire using a hose reel and a ventilation unit. There were no casualties reported and firefighters were in attendance approximately forty five minutes."