A wish list for how to spend £1m of Big Lottery cash on the West End of Morecambe has been revealed.
Around 450 West End residents were polled for ideas for the ‘West End Million’ project – which will see £1m spent on the area over the next 10 years.
Now a task force will be set up to put their answers into practice. Key themes highlighted in the survey were:
• Young people need more to do;
• Festivals and events are very popular;
• Housing needs to be more affordable;
• New businesses should be encouraged;
• The West End needs a clean-up.
Other suggestions were to use empty shop buildings, open a drug and alcohol rehabilitation centre, create studios for artists and improve internet access.
Simon Das, chairman of the West End Million committee, said the next step was to set up a partnership team to decide how to spend the cash.