Heysham M6 link: Road closures planned as part of works
Motorists are being advised of upcoming road closures as part of the M6 link works.
The closures are as follows:
· M6 J34 southbound exit closure from 1am Saturday January 16 to Sunday January 17 8pm.
· M6 J34 southbound entry closure Saturday January 16 from 8pm to 6am (17/1/16).
· Full closure of Caton Road between the motorway sliproads (under M6 Bridge) 8pm – 6am on the evenings of January 21, 22, 23, 2016.
· Traffic lights on Caton Road between M6 sliproads Saturday January 16 and Sunday January 17 8am – 5pm.
Morecambe Road, Northgate and A683 to Heysham
· A683 dual carriageway closed from Northgate to Mellishaw Roundabout to allow for anti-skid surface to be laid. 7:30am – 5pm Mon-Friday.
· Two way lights to prepare for overnight surfacing works. 9:30am – 7pm Monday January 18.
· Two way traffic light signals to accommodate overnight surfacing works on Morecambe Road. 7pm – 6am Monday to Thursday evenings.
Barley Cop Lane
Barley Cop lane is closed under the existing rail bridge near the Crematorium to carry out extensive works on the drainage system to help prevent further flooding. Access to Crematorium is via Torrisholme Road.