Guild Wheel may be re-routed for 84 new homes in Woodplumpton

A proposed build of 84 new homes in Woodplumpton could see a section of the Guild Wheel re-routed.

By The Newsroom
Tuesday, 11th December 2018, 7:54 am
Updated Tuesday, 11th December 2018, 9:00 am
Cyclists on the Guild Wheel in Preston. Photo credit: Marco Mura
Cyclists on the Guild Wheel in Preston. Photo credit: Marco Mura

Agents, PWA Planning, say the section of the cycle route which borders the site in Lightfoot Green Lane is considered “one of the most difficult and dangerous stretches”.

Plans show that the Guild Wheel recreational path be redirected through the site, inside its western boundary.

Planning documents state: “This would take pedestrian and cycle users off the stretch of the route currently considered to be dangerous due to its steepness and the need to cross the quarry entrance.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

“The path provided within the site would then link back up with the existing Guild Wheel route in to the south of the site.”

Of the 84 homes, 65 per cent of the plots on site will be available for custom build, with the remaining 35 per cent provided as affordable housing.

PWA Planning anticipates that the affordable housing would be delivered by the Community Gateway Association (CGA).

Documents also state: “Internal roads and footpaths will serve each of the dwellings, which will all have their own private driveways.

“There is sufficient room on site for each dwelling to have their own garage, either separate from the dwelling or integral, and a generous rear garden.”