As the TV dance behemoth prepares for its annual visit to Lancashire, here are 5 things you need to know about the glittering event.
1. Hugely popular TV dance show Strictly Come Dancing will be filmed live from Blackpool this Saturday, in the Blackpool Tower Ballroom.
2. As the ‘home of ballroom dancing’ Blackpool Tower Ballroom holds a special place in the hearts of dance professionals, and the episode is the only one filmed outside London.
3. The episode will feature more elaborate staging than usual, and for the first time in the series couples will be joined on stage by backing dancers.
4. Comedian Susan Calman and her dance partner Kevin Clifton will perform a paso doble to music from Strictly’s inspiration – Baz Luhrman’s Strictly Ballroom. Kevin has apparently been trying to get this routine approved by Strictly bosses for the past five years.
5. The show will be screened live on BBC One at 6.45pm, and the pre-recorded results show will be on Sunday night at 7.15pm.