Firefighters tackle chimney blaze for nearly eight hours near Preston
A chimney at the grade-II listed Kirkland Hall in Churchtown near Garstang caught on fire.
Firefighters from Garstang, Preston and Fulwood were called to the 17th century three-storey building, off The Avenue, at around 5pm on Thursday (July 23).
Firefighters spent almost eight hours at the scene, using one water jet and other equipment to douse the flames.
A spokesman for Lanashire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Firefighters used on hose reel, a thermal imaging camera, nimbus nozzle, chimney rods and a triple extension ladder to extinguish the fire and were at the scene for over seven and a half hours."
The extent of the damage was not immediately known.
The main block of the hall, which was listed in 1952, was built in 1760.
The hall has 10 bedrooms, six bathrooms, and six reception rooms, according to the property website Zoopla, with its value listed as £529,000 to £794,000.