Firefighters rescue man from kitchen fire

A man had to be rescued by firefighters after a fire in his flat.

Sunday, 4th September 2016, 11:01 am
Updated Sunday, 4th September 2016, 1:06 pm
Castlerigg Place, Blackpool. Image courtesy of Google

Crews were called to Castlerigg Place, Blackpool, at 10.20pm on Saturday, after reports a man may be trapped.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

When they arrived, they found the door of the man’s flat open, and officers wearing breathing apparatus lead him to safety.

The fire had been caused by a pan being left on the hob.

The man and his sister - who had tried to rescue him herself - were treated for smoke inhalation.