Fire safety checks for your home

fire generic
fire generic
Share this article
Have your say

LANCASHIRE Fire and Rescue Service would like to highlight to availability of their Home Fire Safety Checks after attending an incident in Longton.

The incident at the house on Drumacre Lane East caused fire damage to an airing cupboard in the downstairs bathroom of the property after a block type plug became overloaded.

The overloading or partial insertion of the plug caused an arcing of the electricity which then set fire to the airing cupboard and its contents

A spokesman said: “Heat from the fire had also caused damage to copper piping in the loft space resulting in water damage to ceiling and room to room rear of lounge.

The occupiers, two adults and a new born child were outside in their car awaiting arrival of the fire service after one of the adults was alerted to the fire when she was awake feeding the baby.

The property was also fitted with smoke alarms and the occupiers evacuated as soon as they were alerted to the fire.”

If any member of the public would like a visit then the can contact the fire service through the LFRS website or telephone 0800 169 1125