Firefighters were called after a blaze broke out in a Preston community centre.
Two fire engines from Preston went to Grange Community Centre in Ribbleton, where a wheelie bin had been set on fire within a store room.
Crews used two teams of breathing apparatus, a hose reel and a ventilation unit to put out the fire, which broke out at about 5.55pm on Sunday.
The fire did not spread to the rest of the room.
The cause of the blaze was being treated as suspicious, and police were involved.
Fire crews were also called to a rubbish fire at about 7pm, which broke out on Samuel Street, behind the YMCA.