Fire crews were called to an unusual rescue after a puppy got its head stuck in the wall of a house.
Nine-month-old Bullmastiff Scrunch became trapped in the hole for the vent of the tumble dryer, from outside its home in Beech Road, Leyland.
It had pulled the casing off the outside and put its head through and got stuck, from outside
Firefighters were called at about 5.30pm on Friday to rescue the dog, which had also chewed through a water pipe while it was stuck.
Firefighter Geoff Yates explained: “We had an unusual job – we had a nine-month-old Bullmastif with its head stuck in the hole for the vent of a tumble dryer.
“It had pulled the casing off the outside and put its head through and got stuck, from outside.
“I think It had been there a couple of hours.
“We tried to feed it back through but it just wouldn’t go, so we had to knock the bricks out.
“It had chewed the water pipe for the washing machine so there was mains pressure water going everywhere.”
He added: “It had put its head through the brick wall in the round hole and its head was sticking out through the inside wall.”
One fire engine, from Leyland, went to the call-out.
The team used a hammer and chisel to free Scrunch, who was uninjured in her ordeal.
Mr Yates added: “We just used a hammer and chisel to knock the brickwork to get it out.”