Fire crews rescue 86-year-old woman from blaze
An elderly woman was rescued from a flat in Preston after a fire broke out.
Fire crews were called to sheltered accommodation in Sion Close off Longridge Road in Ribbleton at about 7.45pm on Friday.
Three fire engines from Preston and Fulwood attended and teams rescued an 86-year-old woman from the property, where a microwave was on fire.
The resident was treated at the scene by paramedics.
Crews put out the fire and cleared the smoke from the building.
They were at the scene for 40 mins.