Firefighters from Preston were met by the father on Watling Street Road at around 11pm on April 27.
The father told fire services that nobody was left in the house and that there was a fire in the kitchen.
Two engines equipped with hose-reels and breathing apparatus successfully extinguished the blaze.
Watch Manager Mark Woodward said: "We were called to a house fire that was caused by an overfull deep fat fryer yesterday. It seems that oil from the deep fat fryer overflowed and set fire to the heating element.
M6, M61 and M55 delays in Preston due to Blackpool Air Show and Lake District holiday traffic
Car crash on M6 brings Preston motorway traffic to a halt with severe delays expected
Thunderstorms and heavy downpours of rain predicted to hit Lancashire as Met Office issues yellow weather warning
Two Preston men arrested after serious assault near Harris Museum
Man killed in late night crash on A6 Chorley Road near Blackrod
"The fryer was overfull with oil and we would like to remind people to only fill their deep fat fryers two-thirds full. Please also do not leave cooking unattended. Thankfully, in this case, nobody was injured.
"Once the fire was spotted the father did everything right. He isolated the power to deep fat fryer, closed all the doors to stop the spread of the fire and got everyone out of the house. He then called 999 and stayed out of property."
Nobody was injured during the incident.