Explosion fear after Much Hoole blaze

editorial image
Have your say

A 100m safety zone has been put in place following a fire at a repairs garage in Liverpool Old Road, Much Hoole.

Four fire crews were called at 11.26am and quickly extinguished the blaze, but found two propane cylinders and four acetylene cylinders, one of which was dangerously heated.

Crews are remotely cooling the cylinder and police will remove the cordon once safe.

It is not clear what started the fire. Nobody has been injured.