Emergency services attend house fire in Preston

Two fire engines and crews attended a fire at a home on Skeffington Road in Preston this morning (1 December).

Thursday, 1st December 2016, 12:23 pm
Updated Tuesday, 6th December 2016, 12:40 pm
Fire crews were called to the incident at around 8am this morning.

It is thought that the fire, which started at around 8am, started from a plug and socket in the hallway of the home.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A spokesperson for Preston fire station said: "The fire was out on their arrival at the scene and had not developed or spread beyond the electrical socket where it originated. Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to ensure there were no unseen hot-spots remaining in the wiring."

Nobody was injured as a result of the fire.