Electrical fault caused fire at Blackpool hotel

'‹Firefighters'‹ tackled a blaze at an unoccupied hotel in Blackpool.

Saturday, 22nd September 2018, 8:29 am
Updated Saturday, 22nd September 2018, 9:32 am
Yorkshire Street, Blackpool

Crews were called to the building in Yorkshire Street, South Shore, at around 3.15am today.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A ceiling fan had burst into flames.

Officers using breathing apparatus tackled the blaze, which caused smoke damage and destroyed the fan.

An electrical fault is thought to have been the cause.