WARNING: Dog treat spiked with nails in Preston park
A horrified dog walker has issued a warning to others in the area after her pet found a "sickening" treat spiked with nails.
Tracy Hollinshead had been walking her two dogs, a Jack Russell and a brown Jack Russell cross, through Ashton Park at tea-time on Sunday, April 23 when her dog, Ruby, returned with the spiked dog treat in its mouth.
The accounts Clerk from Preston said: "We were walking our dogs when Ruby came back with a spiked treat in her mouth. It looked like a piece of pork scratching with a large nail in it.
"Luckily my partner ran to Ruby and managed to disturb her. She ran towards me with it in her mouth and dropped it. I was so shocked as I've seen things like this before on Facebook. It worries me that if it had been a bigger dog they would probably have just swallowed it.
"It's so sickening. My dogs are my babies. How could anyone hurt them like this?"
A spokesman for Lancashire Police said: "We can confirm that we have received a report from a dog walker that they found what appears to be a pork scratching with a nail in it while in Ashton Park on Sunday."
Enquiries are on going. Anybody with information regarding this incident can contact police on 101 quoting reference LC-20170424-0624.