Fake heart attack man jailed

Serial offender: Jeremy Heath
Serial offender: Jeremy Heath
Have your say

This is the prolific Preston fraudster who fakes illness to avoiding paying meals.

Serial dine and dasher Jeremy Heath, has again been caught on camera conning his way to a full stomach.

Weeks after leaving jail for similar offences, Heath, 47, of Princes Reach, Ashton-on-Ribble, Preston, wined and dined in restaurants across Lancashire, Cumbria and Manchester, but claimed he had chest pains when it was time to pay the bill.

Heath, who suffers from cerebral palsy, feasted on a packet of Walkers crisps and a full English breakfast before downing six pints of Stella at Pippins in Carlisle - telling staff his “carer” would pay the £22.65 bill.

He appeared in court the next day in the city over the fraud, and was even given a train ticket home, but instead he made his way to The Thin White Duke restaurant.

Staff called an ambulance when the wheelchair bound diner told them he had chest pains.

However he was filmed on the pub’s CCTV continuing to drink his pint while the call was made.

He then continued his feast, enjoying a cheese souffle and four pints of San Miguel at the Hallmark Hotel, Carlisle, but once again faked a heart attack when the £19.65 bill arrived.

He also enjoyed meals and drinks at another venue, Little Frankies.

Heath pleaded guilty to four counts of fraud by false representation by obtaining food and drink without the means to pay in four venues in a hearing at Preston Magistrates Court, where the bench heard two offences were on February 11, and two were on February 9.

Heath was also accused of making off without payment of a £41.80 meal from Bella Italia in Manchester on February 5.

He was sentenced to six weeks in prison suspended for 12 months and ordered to pay compensation to each venue and a £80 victim surcharge, along with £40 costs.

However we were not able to report these offences until now because two days later Heath committed two similar offences in Poulton-le-Fylde.

He is now serving a three week jail term after being jailed by Blackpool Magistrates Court.

The court heard he dined on fish and chips and two pints of Carling at the Castle Gardens, Poulton-le-Fylde. Afterwards he told staff he didn’t have any money to pay for them.

He was sentenced to three weeks imprisonment and the suspended sentence of six weeks he received at Preston Magistrates Court was activated.

Hungry Heath has racked up a series of dine dash crimes on his record, with 10 similar convictions last year.

He admitted making off without paying for drinks in Hoghton in November last year and failing to pay a £30 taxi fare from Southport to Preston, and another taxi from Chipping in December.

He was jailed for 18 weeks for those offences and shortly after being released committed his most recent crimes.

Today manager Paolo Diliberto, of the Thin White Duke, Carlisle, said: “He played on his disability and it was out of order.

“He said he had heart pains but on the CCTV he was necking his pint while the ambulance was called.

“The bill wasn’t paid, but we didn’t think anything of it until we had a call from someone at a nearby venue he had done the same thing to.”

A member of staff at the Castle Gardens in Poulton-le-Fylde - who said he had taken sympathy on Heath and tried to get help for him, said he felt “disappointed” when police explained who he was.

He said: “He came into the bar when he had finished and said he had no money and nowhere to go. He definitely played on his illness. I rang the police for advice to try and get him some help.”