Dog dies at scene of kitchen fire in Lancaster

A dog has died after a kitchen fire at a house in Lancaster.

Friday, 28th February 2020, 3:04 pm
Updated Friday, 28th February 2020, 3:04 pm

Fire crews rushed to a kitchen fire at a house on Albion Street in Lancaster at around 11.57pm today (February 27).

One fire engine from Morecambe attended the scene.

One dog was pronounced dead at the scene.

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

One fire enginefrom Morecambe attended a kitchen fire in Lancaster. (Credit: Google)

A spokesperson for Lancashire Fire and Rescue said: "One fire engine from Morecambe was called to a kitchen fire at a house on Albion Street, Lancaster.

"Firefighters used one ventilation unit to extinguish the fire.

"One dog was unfortunately pronounced dead at the scene."

Here are a few tips to keep pets safe in the event of a fire:

-Ensure pets are wearing collars at all times and that their leads are easily found near the front door.

Whoever is the first on the scene of a fire will be able to quickly and easily lead your pets to safety.

- Provide pets with an escape route in case of fires such as a pet door.

Avoid locking pets away in a room where they have no escape option in case of emergency.

- Never leave home without thoroughly extinguishing all flames, such as candles, properly

- Make sure to check smoke detectors regularly

- Learn where your pets tend to nap or hide so that you know where to look if you need to find them quickly.