Swift action by petrol station staff and firefighters prevented a car blaze from turning into a major inferno.
A female motorist got out of her car at the petrol station in Brockholes Brow, Preston, and went into the kiosk.
When she returned she noticed smoke coming from her Seat vehicle, which then burst into flames.
Garage staff put their emergency procedures into practice, evacuating the kiosk and isolating the fuel pumps.
s from Preston quickly tackled the blaze using two hosereels.
Station manager Mark Woodward said the car was well alight and flames were affecting the front of the kiosk and in danger of spreading.
Officers stayed at the scene for about an hour.
Mr Woodward said: “The early intervention of the first crew on the scene managed to stop it spreading and the prompt actions of the kiosk staff certainly prevented this from being a more serious incident.”
An electrical fault is thought to have been the cause.
No-one was hurt.