Just what the doctor ordered for Preston firm

editorial image
Share this article
0
Have your say

Preston-based John Turner Construction has been awarded the refurbishment and fit out of the William Henry Duncan Building by the University of Liverpool which will be occupied by The Royal College of Physicians.

The project will provide the Royal College of Physicians with its first northern facility.

As part of a two-phase move, RCP North will initially be located on the University’s Life Sciences campus.

The building was named after William Henry Duncan, a 19th century English doctor who worked in Liverpool and was the UK’s first medical officer of health.

The second and third floors will provide medical training, examination and teaching facilities including offices and administration space.

The 12 week programme by Grimsargh-based John Turner will include the installation of partition walls, suspended ceilings and floor finishes.

Significant alterations to the existing high specification M&E services comprising upgrade of the existing heating and domestic systems with the ventilation system being recommissioned and air handling units/ducting replaced as necessary.

Neil Hoey, Contracts Manager at John Turner, said “To be awarded such a high profile project is a great win for John Turner Construction.

“We have built up an excellent relationship with the University of Liverpool and this project adds to our portfolio of refurbishment and fit out projects.

“We look forward to welcoming The Royal College of Physicians to Liverpool.”

Founded in 1518 by Henry VIII, the RCP has established its first northern centre of excellence in Liverpool .

It will move to a 70,000 sq ft will purpose built facility in Liverpool’s Knowledge Quarter by 2020.

John Turner Construction was established in 1907.

The £74m company operates from Preston, Manchester and Liverpool.