Top barbecue recipes the Weber way!
Whilst the British weather can’t be guaranteed, Weber predicts the nation will still enjoy a sizzling summer and expects to see a rise in more ambitious creations from grillers.
Weber, the global leader in outdoor cooking innovation, technology, and products, is touring around some of the nation’s garden centres with its Grill Instructors to share hints and tips to visitors on how to get the best from their barbecue this year.
Preparing pizzas and succulent steaks, the chefs will create delicious dishes to help enthusiasts to expand their repertoire and impress al fresco dining guests.
Dan Cooper, Head Grill Master at Weber, said: “Barbecuing is stepping up a gear, and with the extra bank holidays this year there are plenty of occasions to get friends and family together for an outdoor meal. Weber has seen real interest in new ways of cooking on a barbecue so we will be hitting the road and visiting Weber World Garden Centres throughout the summer to help people get the best grilling experience from their barbecue.”
For more information, or to register your interest in the Discover Weber events near you, visit discover-weber.com.
To try your hand at some new barbecue dishes inspired by Discover Weber, here’s two top recipes to try:
Classic Italian Style Pizza
350ml cold water
15g fresh yeast (approx. 5g dry yeast)
2 tsp coarse salt
150 durum spelt flour
500g Italian flour
250g Tomato Sauce
350-400g Mozzarella, or cheese of your choice
Toppings of your choice eg. olives, pepperoni, mushrooms, artichokes
GBS Pizza Stone
GBS Cooking Grate
1. Combine the water, beer, oil, and yeast. Add the durum flour and salt and knead well. Add the Italian flour a little at a time until the dough has the right consistency.
2. Divide the dough into lumps of 150 g for mini pizzas or 250 g for larger pizzas.
3. Form each lump of dough into a nice ball, cover with cling film and let it rest in the fridge for at least three hours before using.
4. Roll the dough out and cover with tomato sauce, cheese, toppings, and more cheese – in that order.
At the barbecue:
1. Prepare the grill for direct heat. Place the GBS Pizza Stone on the GBS Cooking Grate and let it heat up for 15 minutes.
2. Place the tray with the pizza onto the grill and cook for 15-20 minutes until done.
3. To note: The more toppings you add, the longer the pizza will take to cook. Watch out that your crust doesn't get burned on the bottom.
Succulent Steaks with Boursin Butter
50g butter, softened
30g Boursin flavoured with garlic herbs
1 tbsp fresh, chopped parsley
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
4 prime fillet beef steaks, each weighing about 200g
1 tbsp olive oil
250g bundle asparagus, trimmed, blanched & drained
16 cherry tomatoes on the vine
2. Beat together the butter, Boursin, parsley and seasoning, and roll into a log using cling film.
3. Chill until hard enough to cut into four slices.
At the barbecue:
1. Season the fillet steaks, brush lightly with olive oil and barbecue over direct high heat for three to five minutes each side, turning once.
2. Remove the steaks from the barbecue, add a slice of Boursin butter, cover with foil, and then leave to rest for five minutes. This allows the juices to settle (for a fuller flavour) and the butter to melt over the meat.
3. Toss the asparagus tips and cherry tomatoes in olive oil and place on the barbecue for a couple of minutes on each side. Season to taste and serve with the steaks.
Weber World stores are Garden Centres which showcase the full range of barbecues and accessories, plus exclusive products such as the 2022 Genesis Gas Barbecues and an all-new accessory line called WEBER CRAFTED, which takes cooking outdoors to new levels of food discovery and exploration.
Offering an unrivalled shopping experience, with dedicated one-to-one support by a team of Weber experts, visitors can get advice on choosing the right barbecue based on the preferred cooking method, and tips on how to perfect certain barbecue dishes and recipes.
For more information, or to register your interest in the Discover Weber events, visit discover-weber.com