Delightful seafood-based recipe to serve as a treat.
Michael Noonan is head chef at The Spa Hotel at Ribby Hall Village at Wrea Green, near Preston.
Michael has three daughters Lauren, Maisie and Lilly.
Before joining the team at Ribby Hall Village, Michael worked with Paul Heathcote at his flagship restaurant in Longridge.
When not in the kitchen, Michael enjoys gardening. His other newest passion is making his own cheese.
DEVON CRAB, WATERMELON, CORIANDER AND AVOCADO
White crab meat
1. Gently melt 1kg watermelon puree
2. Soak seven leaves of gelatine in cold water
3. Once gelatine has soaked add to puree and whisk
4. Pass through chinois and decant into bowls, place bowls into fridge to set.
1. Blend six avocados in a food processor
2. Add juice of half a lemon and a touch of water if necessary until correct consistency
3. Add salt and pepper
4. Pass through chinois and put in piping bag
1. Form a gasrick with 45g white wine vinegar and 30g of sugar, allow to cool
2. Mix with 68g egg yolk , 30g djon mustard and 15g grain mustard to form a smooth paste
3. Very slowly mix 250g pomace oil forming a smooth emulsified dressing
4. Now add 80g water to loosen the mixture and add another 250g pomace oil, making sure not to split
5. Add seasoning and lemon juice to taste
6. Add 40g fresh chopped dill.
1. Slice brioche very thinly
2. Place on baking mats
3. Sprinkle each crouton with rapeseed oil and salt and pepper
4. Bake in oven at 170 degrees for 12 minutes
WHITE CRAB MEAT
1. Pick Crab discarding of any shell
2. Vac pac and leave in fridge
EDIBLE FLOWERS AND CORIANDER SEED
1. Soak in cold water and dry ready for service