A Lancashire council closes facilities during lockdown, but play areas will remain open
A Lancashire council has announced it will close some of its facilities during the current coronavirus lockdown.
Ribble Valley Borough Council will close facilities, including council offices and swimming pools, but the council’s play areas, parks and public spaces will remain open.
The following council facilities are closed until further notice:
• Council Offices, Church Walk, Clitheroe;
• Platform Gallery, Station Road, Clitheroe;
• Ribblesdale Pool, Edisford Road, Clitheroe;
• Ribble Valley 3G pitches, Edisford Road, Clitheroe;
• Clitheroe Castle Museum.
If you need to contact the council during lockdown, you can do so at ribblevalley.gov.uk, where you can access a wide range of information and services.
The council’s 18 play areas, parks and public spaces will remain open, but youngsters using play areas are asked to take five simple steps to ensure their safety:
• Keep your hands clean;
• Take your turn;
• Use the equipment clockwise;
• Wipe the equipment after use;
• Socially distance from others.
Ricky Newmark, chairman of Ribble Valley Borough Council’s community committee, said: “It’s good that we are able to keep our play areas, parks and public spaces open and I would like to thank families for being so patient during lockdown.
“Please enjoy our public spaces and ensure you stay safe in our play areas by following our five easy steps.”
Some swings have been tied up to help with social distancing and you are asked not to eat or drink in play areas, and take your litter, including disposable face masks and gloves, home.
• The Ribble Valley Community Hub is on hand to help if you are facing difficulty, worry or loneliness, from Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm, on 01200 414597.
Support us and become a subscriber today. Enjoy unlimited access to local news, the latest football stories and new puzzles every day. With a digital subscription, you can see fewer ads, enjoy faster load times, and get access to exclusive newsletters and content. Click here to subscribe.