Firefighters called to chemical spillage near Red Scar Business Park
Fire engines from Preston were called to an incident after a five-litre vat containing cleaning chemicals had burst.
The incident happened today (January 24) in a van in Millennium Way, Preston, at 12:40pm.
A spokesman from Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service said: "Preston firefighters dealt with an incident at which a 5-litre container of cleaning chemical in the back of a van had burst."
The driver of the van had inhaled fumes and was taken to hospital for a check-up.
No-one else was injured.