Unhappy customer says his £150 hoodie was ruined after a trip to the barbers - because of the bleach they used to keep the chairs clean
An unhappy customer says he will not return to his local barber shop - claiming his £150 hoodie was RUINED because of the bleach they used to clean their chairs.
The 20-year-old, who did not wish to be named, went to VIP Barbers in St Neots, Cambs., on Saturday for his first haircut post-lockdown.
He claims the barber sprayed some sort of bleach onto the chair before he sat down, in order to kill any germs, and then gave it a quick wipe down.
But the next day, the young man noticed a large, yellowish-brown stain covering the lower part of his dark navy hoodie - even after it had been in the wash.
The man, from St Neots, has attributed the stain to the chemicals in the spray used by VIP Barbers - and is concerned that this could cause more serious damage to other customers.
He said: "If it can do this to my clothes, then it could have burned someone if it came into contact with their skin.
"They didn't even tell me what the spray was or what was in it - they just sprayed it on the chair before I sat down, and then rubbed it off, but quite quickly.
"I've seen other customers on the VIP Facebook page saying similar things.
"One mum said that she took her six-year-old son there for a haircut, and could see the bleach spray had left marks all down the back of his t-shirt.
He added: "I don't think they even apologised to me.
"I rang them up the next day and told them what had happened, and all they said was that they needed to put the chemicals on the chair to kill the virus.
"They offered me a voucher for a free haircut - but I only paid £14 for the haircut, and that hoodie cost me £150.
"They haven't even said they're going to change the chemical spray they use."
The customer said he has been having his hair cut at VIP Barbers for the past three years - but he will not be returning there again.
And he added: "My hoodie has been through the wash two or three times now but the stain is still there. It's a kind of rusty brown/yellow colour, and it's really visible.
"The only thing left to do is to try and dye it a darker colour, like black, and see if that dyes the stain, too."