Neighbour raises alarm as fire breaks out in house

Fishwick View, Preston. Pic: Google Street View

Fishwick View, Preston. Pic: Google Street View

Share this article
0
Have your say

A call from a neighbour who could smell smoke led to firefighters discovering a blaze in a house.

Crews from Preston found the fire when they were called to Fishwick View, Preston, at 7.35pm today.

The house was being renovated so they forced their way inside and tackled a fire in the hallway.

The property was heavily smoke-logged and the smoke had also gone into neighbouring houses.

Firefighters equipped with breathing apparatus used a hose reel to put out the fire and a ventilation unit to clear the smoke.

The flooring was damaged but the flames did not spread further.

A faulty electric extension lead is thought to have caused the fire.