Father and three children escape kitchen fire in Preston

Nobody was left in the house on Watling Street Road
Pic: Googlemaps

Nobody was left in the house on Watling Street Road Pic: Googlemaps

Share this article
0
Have your say

A father and his three children escaped from a fire in Preston after a deep fat fryer caused a kitchen blaze, say fire services.

Firefighters from Preston were met by the father on Watling Street Road at around 11pm on April 27.

The father told fire services that nobody was left in the house and that there was a fire in the kitchen.

Two engines equipped with hose-reels and breathing apparatus successfully extinguished the blaze.

Watch Manager Mark Woodward said: "We were called to a house fire that was caused by an overfull deep fat fryer yesterday. It seems that oil from the deep fat fryer overflowed and set fire to the heating element.

"We would like to remind people to only fill their deep fat fryers two-thirds full. Please also do not leave cooking unattended.

"Once the fire was spotted the father did everything right. He isolated the power to deep fat fryer, closed all the doors to stop the spread of the fire and got everyone out of the house. He then called 999 and stayed out of property."

Nobody was injured during the incident.