Warning after crews battle house fire

Firefighters were called

Firefighters were called

0
Have your say

Homeowners have been warned about the dangers of leaving cooking equipment unattended after crews were called to a property in Leyland.

Crews from Leyland, Bamber Bridge and Penwortham were called to the house at Moss Side after neighbours heard alarms sounding and saw smoke just after 9pm on Saturday.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus and equipped with a hose reel jet forced entry.

Fans were used to remove smoke from the property in Robin Hey and spokesman for Leyland fire station said: “A grill had been left switched on and hot oil within a pan had caught fire.

“The property was also searched as it was unconfirmed whether the occupants were in or out but it was in fact unoccupied, with the cooking equipment left on.

“It really is important that cooking is never left unattended.

“Chip pans are especially dangerous and we would also urge homeowners to check there smoke alarms are working weekly.”